Use of technology in agriculture became more crucial than ever due to the changing world and climate circumstances. Especially with the use of smart agricultural technologies, productivity increases in the agricultural field have begun to be observed.
Smart agricultural technologies generally aim to increase the efficiency of agricultural activities while reducing their costs. Sensors, satellites, data analytics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine Learning are the technologies supporting digital agriculture.
Thanks to these smart technologies, it is possible to increase productivity in agriculture, perform soil analysis, monitor plant health, use smart irrigation methods, manage fertilizers, and detect pests and diseases.
What are the Advantages of Smart Agricultural Technologies?
Smart agricultural technologies provide numerous advantages for modern agriculture:
- Increases productivity in the farming areas.
It is possible to increase productivity in the agricultural field using technology. For instance analyzing soil using sensors and satellite data, monitoring plant health and managing fertilizers can be realized with ease.
- Provides comprehensive water and fertilizer management.
With modern agricultural technologies water and fertilizer management is carried out effortlessly. It is possible to measure whether or not sufficient irrigation is done, to which level fertilizers go down to and the humidity and temperature of the soil using our soil moisture and soil temperature sensors.
- Allows detecting pests and diseases affecting plants.
Yet another advantage of agricultural technologies is increased speed and accuracy of the detection of pests and diseases. For example, it is possible to monitor plant health and detect signs of diseases using satellite data and sensors. With our degree-day calculations, the formation process of the pests can be tracked based on the garden and the product. T-Trap Digital Pheromone-Trap allows identifying pests using Artificial Intelligence through real time monitoring.
- Assists less emission production.
Thanks to data provided by smart agricultural technologies less fertilizers, water and energy is used, thus less emission is produced.
What are Smart Agricultural Practices?
Smart agricultural practices indicate how to implement smart agricultural technologies in practice. Conducting soil analysis, monitoring plant health and managing fertilizers using sensors and satellite data are some of the smart agricultural practices.
While applying these practices, smart agricultural technologies like Internet of Things (IoT), data analytics, Machine Learning, sensors and satellite data are used. The application of these technologies provides various advantages that were mentioned above.
How to Implement Smart Agricultural Technologies?
Here are different ways to use technology in agriculture in order to reach an accurate implementation:
- Sensors: With the sensors used in farming areas, information such as soil moisture, soil temperature, soil pH and EC value and fertilizer adequacy are measured and this data can be analyzed and presented to farmers with data analytics software by interpreting it with Artificial Intelligence.
- Drone and Satellite Data: Information such as plant density, productivity and water content in the farming area is gathered using drone and satellite and is interpreted.
- Data Analytics: Data in farming areas is examined using data analytics software. Thanks to these software, operations such as conducting soil analysis, monitoring plant health, carrying out water and fertilizer management, determining pests and diseases can be performed.
- Machine Learning: Machine Learning increases productivity of agricultural practices and facilitates the interpretation of data. It becomes possible to determine the water needs of plants, to manage fertilizers and to identify pests and diseases through the use of agricultural algorithms.
Our goal here in Topraq Agro Technologies is to save our farmers from the burden of heavy tech investments and to allow them to manage their operations in a data driven manner. If you too are interested in digital agricultural technologies, you can go over our solutions and products in technology in agriculture.
You can view our T-Weather Agro Station subscription packages to access and use your real time local weather data. T-Weather is a smart assistant which helps farmers to make the right decisions in addition to making calculations like chilling hours, degree-day, effective temperature and daily water loss values.
We serve an annual subscription package of T-Irrigate – an AI-based irrigation optimization solution- that enables farmers to manage their irrigation with the right amount at the right time. One of the most important benefits of this subscription package, which aims to prevent the waste of valuable water resources and other resources such as fertilizer and labor through real-time data flow, is electricity saving.
Pheromone traps are used for pests which might evolve in your gardens and need intervention. T-Trap Digital Pheromone Trap is an automated AI-based pest determination technology that provides real-time pest control.